View Single Post
Old 08-27-2004, 09:30 AM   #14
madrasahs

Question Maine approves boat fires and boat sinkings?

Seems like Big Boaters have caused an on-going disagreement among themselves:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWing
The device you refer to does not turn off the water to the muffler. It switches the exhaust through the lower unit (under water), or straight through the hull or transom, via a diverter plate on each exhaust pipe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal
Utterly rediculous. It could cause a fire and /or a sinking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWing
Shutting the water flow off would cause extreme overheating of the exhaust system and would melt any rubber connections or hoses. It could even cause an engine compartment fire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DistantThunder
As far as I know, switchable exhaust is legal in Maine.
It's legal to burn and/or sink your boat in Maine? Boy, this "ignorance of the law is no excuse" business is confusing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal
Mad, Why don't you take a cork out of your wine and put it in your whine
Somehow I'm less entitled? Here's what you wrote last month:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal
I usually stay at the NASWA so there aren't many High Performance boats screaming by at 2 am , but I do get my share of bikes on that road. I don't like it...
Sounds like wine + whine to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal
More wonderful words of wisdom from our resident "whatchamacallit" boat lover
Yes, I am a Winnipesaukee shorefront resident: and that makes all the difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DistantThunder
Just for your information, the Sebago Lake Safety Watch is not attempting to ban big boats from Sebago Lake...
Sorry, I've never heard of "Sebago Lake Safety Watch".

The citizen's group in Maine I read of began with "Lakes Region Something-or-other"

I have a question about Maine regulations: Are their registration numbers on their boats larger than NH's? (That may get on my list of improvements to Winnipesaukee's boating environment).