Thread: Insurance Costs
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2019, 06:09 AM   #13
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Default Insurance Racket

Insurance companies take into account, nearest fire hydrant, volunteer or manned fire stations, water liability, seasonal, rental, etc. A big factor is history of claims to insurance companies in your past! It's quite complex.

Biggest factor to take in is the coverage, they all varies. You need to read the policy. The cheapest is most always the worst coverage!

I went to Melcher and Prescott in Laconia. They are very knowledgeable in covering lake front property. The agent will access you property and lifestyle, determine the best coverage and chose a few policies. Then you make the decision. The best visit I ever made. It's free and you learn a lot!
I went with another company not recommended by Melcher as the company I retired from has a big company discount from Met Life. I called them and with recommendations from Melcher, they 'customized' a package for me at a reasonable cost. I have auto, boat, and homeowner policy from one company!
I 'shop' around every 3 years. I'm amazed how companies become more competitive through the years. This spring I found out 'Good Sam's' Club insurance is pretty darn close to what I am paying now! ($1200 for assessed value of 800,000)