View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 08:51 PM   #26
Waco1148

I'm sorry that you were disappointed in the book, although you are the first that I have heard that from.

As far as the quality of the images, most are copied from 80-year-old small black and white snapshots, so there is a limit to the print quality that can be achieved. I think I was lucky to find as much as I did to help to preserve this aspect of Winnipesaukee and aviation history. I would love to have put out a glossy coffee-table book with full page images, but I'm just a local author with a story to tell, not National Geographic. To produce a book of that type would have been cost prohibitive, and I'm sure more people will enjoy learning about this story for $19.95 than would pay coffee-table book prices.

I looked back to my contact with the publisher, and the book is printed on 60 lb. house white paper, which is typical for the publishing industry. It is bright white and opaque enough for the pictures not to show through from the opposite side of the page. For comparison, typical copy paper is 20 lbs. Hope this clarifies carguy's issues with the book for any other potential readers. I'd be glad to hear what any other readers or purchasers of the book have to say, positive or negative.

The Author
Waco1148 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Waco1148 For This Useful Post: