View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 12:59 PM   #14
VitaBene

Thanked 1,601 Times in 821 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmont Resident View Post
I own a 2004 F-350 SD Diesel, with over 5K in warranty work in the first 3 years alone.
Rust thru on the body for the second time with it being cab corners now.
Fuel injectors, fuel pumps, drive shafts just to name a few of the REPEAT problems, and now it’s fuel injectors, fuel injector control module and turbo and the truck only has 115K on it. For a diesel that’s just barely broken in.
My wife was a GM person who had multiple problems with the 1500 and 2500 HD trucks she bought so we went to Ford for the Super Duty.
I owned a 97 T-100 Toyota and put 107K miles on it and the only thing I replaced in 10 years was a clutch. Also it didn’t have any rust on it when I got rid of it.
Now if you add up all the recalls foreign car manufacturers have had it doesn’t even put a dent in the shoddy American made junk being produced now.
Unfortunately until a reputable manufacturer comes up with a 1 ton truck that will do what the 350 will do I’m stuck.
I will say though that rusting out aside the old Fords were the way to go. I always used them as plow trucks back in the 90’s.
Ever since GM went to independent front suspension their trucks are worth crap for plowing but they are by far the most comfortable trucks to drive in.
Honestly I believe it’s the unions that are the problem with the quality of American products.
The dreaded 6 liter (IH VT365). Ford turned it up too much to win HP wars. They, and International, paid the price. I will be holding on to my 1999 7.3 6 speed manual truck!