View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 07:37 AM   #5
Belmont Resident

Default Many using aftermarket bulbs.

Some of the problems might be from the lights being altered up.
My wife has a Hyundai and the cutoff for the low beams was sharp and not very far down the road at all. She found herself overdriving the lights on curvy roads. After much debate the lights were altered above where they are suppose to be and she now has good distance but does from time to time get high beamed.
It seems the new lights in cars and trucks have a sharp cut off because they are so much brighter.
Then there are the ones who install the aftermarket bulbs. These are the ones that are illegal and that is what they are trying to target. I can’t tell you how many times I see car’s and trucks with these lights and they are blinding. The worst ones are the GMC trucks. They already have great lights but when the owners install the brighter bulbs they become unbearable to be in front of. I looked into them for my ford but they made no difference at all because the housing ford uses is junk. But then again Ford products I’ve owned are junk anyways, but that’s another debate. I’m going back to Toyota, far better quality and built in the US of A. Unlike Ford and GM trucks.
Sponsored Links