View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 03:00 PM   #48
Yosemite Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRegrets View Post
I personally think it stinks. Human powered activity should not be managed by our government. It will take more money in administrative costs than will be earned by the fees (if kept reasonable).

It is one thing to manage cars, planes, and automobiles that are worth thousands and thousands of dollars vs. a few hundred dollar kayak.

If we use the rationalle that it is fair to register everything or require a permit of everyone that may need assistance then it may end up taking each person that uses the outdoors 6 months of time to fill out, submitt, and correct all the forms it will take to registor and get proper permits. The paper work and certification process would suck!

I have a boat, 2 kayaks, canoe, 3 bicycles (one tandom that would take special consideration) and 4 pairs of snow shoes. Maybe they can tax hicking boots or running shoes as they may need assistance. I am very very very afraid of the need for a nanny state. I do belive in self responsibility.

I hope everyone has a great holliday season and gets a chance to give charity to someone that deserves it! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
I bought some "hicking boots" one time and everybody called me Larry the Cable Guy!