View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 11:03 PM   #26
Bigstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineedles View Post
I stand by the belief that there should be a fee. I am not going to debate it, because like all other controversial subjects some people will get ridiculous in their examples of what should be licensed and what should not. Bogey boards, sure. Rubber duckies, if you can ride it, why not. Stick a decal on a hiker's butt, OK. Of course these examples are insane, but I pay a huge property tax, for the privilege of using a house that can never be sold for 2-3 weeks a year. I'm not bitter, but I would like to see the tax and fee burden shared.

If you don't agree, fine I can live with that.
That is the point - this tax revenue will not be 'shared'. Your personal payout will never go down. The $ will be used to make up for whatever shortfalls occur in other areas. It is simply a way of generating additional revenue. We need government to live within it's means, not look to expand into a new tax base.

We made it this far without this tax, we can make it the rest of the way. Government needs to cut back like the rest of us. Show me where their layoffs are, or where they have tried to balance their budget without adding additional tax revenue. Show me that and I will consider paying a new tax.