View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 09:09 AM   #2
Skip

Post Town dock rules enforcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmj
I am wondering who's in charge, if anyone, of policing town docks that have an hourly limit on dockage times. It irks me when I see the same boat day after day, changing fingers on the dock and staying the night. I understand that someone may be on vacation and can't find temporarly dockage but since when is it ok to ignore this rule? Does the town just wait for a complaint or do they actually keep track?
State law empowers local communities to develop thier own rules & regulations for city/town supplied docks via the local government's ordinance process.

Therefore if the city or town has lawfully enacted an ordinance to regulate dockage they are also the entity responsible for enforcement of those policies.

Short answer, call the town hall of the community you are concerned with and ascertain the responsibility. You may find, as has been the case with the Wolfeboro situation, that the signage is courtesy in nature as no applicable town or city ordinance exists to allow actual enforcement.
Skip is offline   Reply With Quote