View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 01:47 AM   #33
ushaggerb

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC2717 View Post
How bout somebody in the meetig point out the obvious. The shoreline protection laws are so ridiculous in that the obvious answers is put more docks in. If they are giving the stimulus money out which is ridiculous to begin with, why not put it to good use. There is no reason why more docks could not be put in, not saying they should go to residents. Same can be said about going to dinner to islanders form one of the other towns. They would not be able to use those docks either if they were not a resident. I think when you purchase a island property, just like if I choose to take my boat to wolfboro from laconia, you take into consideration access.
Completely agree. The Lake isn't making any more shoreline, either land-based or island-based. Granted there are day-users. Hope this doesn't become an "us vs. them" thing. I have no clue about dock or marina design. That being said, I have to admit to my bias that, since I was a kid, I've always loved the action, watching the boats, even just being around them when they're empty or snow-covered. Out west, Marinas are a huge attraction; Santa Barbara, Newport, San Diego. Also don't really like the idea of all the boats having to idle around waiting for a dock. About the only place you can clearly pick up the oil-slick smell is around the docks. More space, less idling.

If there are folks, and I'm sure there are, that have the exact opposite bias, see docks as ugly and more as damaging, that is as valid as my bias. I'd like to hear their opinion, wonder if they've ever had to go through the process of considering adding, wondering how they've felt about areas where they have increased dock space.
ushaggerb is offline   Reply With Quote