View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 04:43 PM   #29
bilproject

Default No parking equals no money for Islanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Meredith has six outdoor tennis courts, available to use from mid-April to aprox December 10. The courts get closed when they get covered by snow, and the town has been leaving the nets up until snowfall makes tennis a no-go.

There is almost always an empty tennis court or two-three-four-five-six empty tennis courts available to use. Just take a right off Route 3, down the dirt road, just after the Family Dollar, and keep going about a quarter mile till you see the tennis courts.

They were constructed in 2005, with green rubberized asphalt and top quality construction, and two courts have big bright, tower lights overhead, for playing in the dark, like at night.

As an islander property owner, it is accurate to think you helped to pay for the tennis courts, so you might as well go use them. And yes, there's one court with a good solid backboard for practice use.

Question: is there anyone interested in clearing the snow off one Meredith tennis court with a sno-thrower with padded feet, so as not to scratch the court surface, and playing tennis in Jan-Feb-March when it's a sunny day with temps in the 20's? Outdoor winter tennis is very doable on a good weather, winter day, and much less expensive to do than skiing or sno-mobiling! Tennis is a cheapie sport that gives you lots of exercise, and starting up a winter tennis league is a possibility!

Ditto this for islanders and the Meredith Library; which has eight computer terminals, plus very comfy seating and WiFi, all hooked up to the internet, plus the very comfortably furnished library building that is 100% totally air conditioned, too. It definitely seems like internet users have dramatically increased the number of library users, big-time, in Meredith and in Laconia. Could be that some of the Meredith internet library visiters are also Meredith islanders who go there for the 'puter terminals, air conditioning and real indoor plumbing!
All true Les but without parking (see cattle and sheps are used by a large number of gilford residents on Mark and Mink) I can't go use these amenities I pay for!!! Plus I have to be back in 3 hours or I get a ticket!! Can't even go play around of golf and pump some greenbacks into the local economy.
bilproject is offline   Reply With Quote