View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 01:45 PM   #7
webmaster

Thanked 3,726 Times in 824 Posts

A few thoughts on the ForumFest:

1. I think it is great to try different venues. Having it on the Mount had some downside but overall it was a great and unique event. Everyone had a good time and we raised a record amount of money for charity ($2025 to the Food Pantry). I personally don't ever think a ride on the Mount on a summer day is being "stuck on a boat" but I know some of you are too busy to commit to a fixed timeframe like that. We can certainly try something different this year.

2. We've been very fortunate to have a member step forward to organize the FF each year. Last year Celia did an amazing job and the year before Krista did the same. Whoever steps forward can decide on when and where with some input from the Forum.

3. The scholarship idea is interesting but I think it may be too complicated for us. Giving out a scholarship has tax and legal implications that would be much more tricky than just handing a charity a donation check. Maybe someone with some knowledge of the legal aspects can comment.

4. I hope someone with some extra time will take the helm this year. The raffle/charity aspect of the FF is the most work. If no one volunteers to take over we could certainly just have a get together. To be honest, my favorite FF was the mini-Forumfest in 2006. There was no preparation or work needed and we all just had a good time talking and eating at the late and great Waldo Peppers.

5. Somehow it comes together every year and hopefully it will this year too. It's the site's 15th birthday and it would be great to celebrate with some of our members.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to webmaster For This Useful Post: