View Single Post
Old 11-07-2018, 12:28 PM   #13
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody38 View Post
Being that the water levels are so high, why, is the level of Winnisquam so extremely low. Was past on the last trip from the lake and I don't think I've ever seem Winnisquam at this level. Off to California.

I am a retired workaholic and continuing aquaholic
Winnisquam went low because of the draw down.... Winnisquam and Silver Lake are back and full of water now that the Dam is open from winnipesaukee and pushing ~1000 cfs.... the flow of the winnipesaukee river in Tilton is also at ~1000 cfs.... so we should start to see an overall effect in the level of Winnipesaukee soon.... Assuming we stop getting so much rain....

They are doing a great job with the Dams, over the last few years... in the 80s 90s and 2000s they let the lake get to low late in the season... The last few years they haven't done that as much... As such there is a greater chance of hitting full lake during the draw down period.

Personally people need to stop fussing about the lake level... When you build on a lake, you should make sure you have some margin in your plans to deal with a certain amount of flooding... The marina's and homes that start to run into issues before 505 ft. should work on correcting that fault. My dock doesn't run into an issue until 505.32 feet.... And my camp... well the lake would have to be at about 512 feet before I got nervous...