View Single Post
Old 10-29-2017, 01:04 PM   #14
Senter Cove Guy

Default Here's What I Just Did

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flylady View Post
Good points. I asked specifically if there were other options. None were given. In prior years the fee was $5.00 for TV and $5.00 for internet. I was told that was the rental cost of the equipment. This year I replaced the modem with my own so in theory my cost should have been $5.00 if the price change had not gone forward. I called one last time to see if they were willing to do something to retain my relationships and the best they would go was 14.99 a month on seasonal. Good luck all....
I have Spectrum TV and Internet. They provided the cable TV box and I provided the modem.

Rather than putting anything on seasonal hold, I disconnected both services, therefore, no seasonal charges. They require that I return my cable TV box which I don't want to do. If I don't return the cable TV box, they charge me a one time charge of about $125. Come next spring when I want to reconnect, I call and reconnect internet and TV (using the retained cable TV box) at the prevailing promotional rates and they said that they will credit me the $125 one time charge. To me, that's a win/win.