View Single Post
Old 11-02-2020, 08:05 PM   #49
mswlogo

The old power monitor I decided to stick on the pump just saved my pump (maybe) and a huge electric bill.

The pump hasn't been running great. It has a back flow valve leak (probably debris in the valve in the water). It was painful to shut off and re-prime and to late in the season to start repairs. Not even sure I'll need the pump by spring if the Well gets installed on schedule. So I just left it. Probably been running that way all summer.

For grins, I popped up the app to check on things and I noticed it was pulling 1000 watts instead of 1200 or 0. Then I looked at history and I knew something was very wrong. It did not get cold enough last night to be trouble. It was much colder the night before and we were there then and all was fine.

I sent a good neighbor over to shut it down. He said the pump was not too hot. All I can think of is the back pressure leak got worse and it lost its prime between cycles.

Lake level is fine. What's funny though is, the moment he unplugged it the other Monitor (the "Sense" one I suggested at the start of this thread). Popped up 3 discovered devices. It was confused with this "new" mystery device pulling a constant ~1000 watts.

Saturday - This is it running "Normal" (still very poorly, but it was getting the job done)

Sunday - also it's bad "Normal"

Monday, running non stop.

mswlogo is offline   Reply With Quote