View Single Post
Old 11-07-2022, 07:39 PM   #16
Taz

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
As I've posted in the past, The Bob House has been one of my favorite restaurants, but when we visited a few weeks ago after a bit of a gap I was surprised to see how much the prices have increased. One of my favorites, the seafood platter, is now $39, something like $10—or 30%—higher than last year. With tax and tip, that one plate alone is over $50, and with the other increases, our family's bill is way over $100 even when ordering cheaply. It's still a great place, but we just can't afford it like we once could.

Since then, we've visited three restaurants we don't typically frequent, and I was impressed to see that all have done a very good job of keeping prices low and quality high.

Please add to this list, if you can.

Jake's Seafood and Grill (Ossipee): after returning the boat to MVM yesterday, we thought we'd take a drive to Yankee Smokehouse but remembered we'd wanted to try this place but it was closed when tried the first time. $90 total bill for three included a seafood platter rivaling Pop's (not quite, but very close), sodas, clam chowder, and two desserts (that were AWESOME). Totally recommend this place if you're in the area.

Buckey's: I've written about my recent experiences on the Buckey's thread; $27 or so for a full rack of ribs that leaves ME with leftovers is pretty sweet.

Route 104 Diner: the surprise of this weekend. The turkey dinner for $14 is a steal, and everything we got (except the bread pudding) was awesome. The only problem here is that so much sounds so good and is so inexpensive that we were wayyyy overstuffed...AND had leftovers.

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk

Jake's has always been good. Started eating there in the early 90's. Unfortunately, it's not on my way to N. Conway anymore after moving.

My go to for breakfast is Sunshine and Pa's in Meredith. Great breakfast at a good value and great service.
Taz is offline   Reply With Quote