View Single Post
Old 08-31-2022, 12:05 PM   #76
VtSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
Saturday afternoon lunch, it was pretty busy but service is excellent. No changes in the noise situation since the last visit in the main room and requested to seat in the former bar area. The noise is a little better but not much!

The food was excellent however a bit disappointed with the cole slaw. It was packaged Sysco serving. Cole Slaw is wicked simple to make and at the price I'm paying really killed the experience.

To each his/her own.
Definitely on the louder side when crowded for sure. Agreed on Cole slaw, while I didn't have theirs, if it was bad I would have said something. Cole slaw is a simple thing that many remember in their head as to taste, and even I can make a good Cole slaw myself. Judging from every other place in the general area, The Breeze fills a pretty wide gap that appears to have been needed. Judging by the attentive and professional staff, I'm sure they take this all in as constructive criticism. Not an insurmountable list for sure.

Over here on the West Coast of New England, we suffer from an abundance of 'local' restaurant owners and groups that are mostly mediocre. I'm not a Big Portion guy myself, but typically no issues there anyway. Sadly, some of our better restaurants are national chains. We have a locally-owned 'steak house' that is overpriced for whatever reason, it certainly isn't high quality or exquisite service, I had hoped a top notch national chain would have taken the site. But locals always have the ear of those that matter. The only thing more complex and risky than a restaurant is the customers.
VtSteve is offline   Reply With Quote