View Single Post
Old 04-20-2022, 03:12 PM   #35
Slickcraft

Thanked 2,000 Times in 914 Posts

We stopped in for lunch today, our 1st visit. The new layout is fine for us, we sat at the bar with a good view. The old bar area had 5 tables setup, could have been 6 in there. A group of ladies came in and a long table was setup in that area. There are sliding doors that can be closed to accommodate a private party in that area. By the time that we left, the area to the right of the new bar plus the old bar area was filled, with mostly ladies out for lunch. Pretty much the clientele that used to lunch in the main dining area. In all I counted 14 dining tables with ample space between tables. The new bar and the tables in the main dining area were mostly filled by 12:30.

Our lunch was just OK at best. First, there was no draft beer. Zero. The taps are not yet operational. There was an OK selection of bottled and canned beer but that is just not the same. I had the Duck Confit sandwich which was rather bland and skimpy. The fries were classic Ellacoya fare, limp. My wife had the Bao Vegetarian sandwich. She, a light eater, described it as tasty but skimpy of filling. Looking at the menu back home, there was supposed to have been apple slaw but there were just the limp fries with the sandwiches.

The old bar area used to be a regular lunch spot, often on our way back out to Welch. So, we will try the Breeze again, just not right away.

Alan
Slickcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Slickcraft For This Useful Post: