View Single Post
Old 05-12-2017, 09:26 AM   #21
persistence

I leave all my lines at the dock. It's so much easier for someone to help tying up from the boat or the dock. Except when they put the wrong line on the wrong cleat and you stop short.

I used to leave fenders on the dock for my 20' also. And just keep a nice set with you for travelling.

My 31' is awlgripped, and the slip is tighter with fingers on both sides. So I keep the fenders on the boat and use the taylor made fleece covers. I just try to minimize rubbing as much as I can. And I think there's less damage if the fender is tied to the boat vs the boat rubbing a stationary fender. I've also seen a line rip through a fender because the fender was stuck on a piling when leaving the dock, so be careful everything is clear.

This year I hope to put boats 90 to my fingers like in the pics above and the rubber. So I don't need to use fenders at all. I'm in a river that is controlled by a dam. So i can be a little above my dock, or under depending on rainfall. The boards should help with this. I hate the feeling when i'm out of town that the boat could be rubbing the underside of the dock....
persistence is offline   Reply With Quote