View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 09:07 PM   #227
elchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
How fast was he going?
Obviously way too fast. You guys always say that 60 is slow enough to ensure that accidents like this can't happen, so I'd say he must have been going over 60, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtagrip View Post
Elchase, I believe Hazelnut has mentioned time and again that he is a male and not a female.
I never saw such mention and did not realize this and did not assume him a girl to insult. Since "Hazel" is a girl's name, I don't think the faux pas was all that outrageous...but nevertheless, I give Hazelnut my most sincere apology for wrongfully assuming he was a girl. I will not make the same mistake again.
However, calling a guy a "sexist" implies that he is denigrating women. I never did any such thing. Saying that someone is insulting your sexuality implies that he is denigrating your sexual preference. I never did any such thing. If Hazelnut is going to throw such spears, he either has to learn what they mean or back up the accusations. All I did was make a mistake about the gender of a member who's moniker sounds feminine. And unlike Hazelnut, I am man enough to apologize succinctly and directly when I make a mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoTheMath View Post
Hazelnut apologized for what went down earlier, was the bigger MAN (HE is not a woman) and offered the "olive branch" if-you-will.
Show me where Hazelnut apologized to me for calling me smarmy, the "spelling police" and attacking me. He apologized to those who had to read his rants, and to Sam. He expressed his regret for having written his post, which is a world different than an apology. There has yet been no apology to me for saying that I am smarmy, saying that I think I am the spelling police, being my grammar police, and otherwise inserting himself into a matter that was none of his business for the sole purpose of attacking me. And I'm also still waiting for this "bigger man" to apologize to me for earlier calling me a liar. I won't hold my breath.

Quote:
"Sam" accepted and let it go, why are you so bent on carrying on?
Sam was apologized to. I wasn't.

Quote:
Let it go and move on ... you need to chill out. ..you are trying to be this literary (forum) martyr ...Do everyone - most importantly yourself - a favor and just step away from the computer, take a few deep breaths, grab a nice glass of McCallan 25 and chill.
No offense DTM, but I take my life lessons from a higher source. Your group makes a habit of lecturing as if you are a group of social elites. Every now and then, one of you climbs up on the lecturn and starts preaching to me about how I am "swarmy" and what I need to do to improve myself. No thanks. If I want a lesson, I'll take it from someone who I admire and respect. I have found little reason to respect or want to emulate the social skills of a single one of you. And even if I did, I don't come to this forum for counseling. I'm sure you are not interested in my opinions about what you need to do to be a better person, right? This is an Anti Speed Limit thread. If a single one of you would limit your input to your reasons for opposing the speed limit and stop the insulting, and stop giving me cause to insult back, then we could have the civil debate you all claim to seek. But as long as the bunch of you keep lobbing grenades and then crying "foul" when I throw one back, this debate is never going to climb out of the gutter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
So you've changed your screen name?
What? Here we go again. Where did you get this one? This is exactly what I mean. You guys are a bunch of phonies. You don't want to debate the speed limit, you want to fight...so long as no one fights back.

Quote:
I believe that was the underage teen who got drunk and took his mother's boat.
Oh, then never mind. I guess a teenager hitting me in his mother's boat can't hurt...especially if he didn't have permission to use it.

Quote:
I don't have anyone on ignore.
Please put me on ignore. PLEASE.

Here is another high speed accident that happened on Winnipesaukee before we had a speed limit;
Laconia Citizen
Laconia, NH
Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Two escape injury after being thrown from boat
By RICH BERGERON
Staff Writer

GILFORD — Two occupants of a boat were thrown from the craft but were unhurt when the boat hit a submerged object and flipped over on Lake Winnipesaukee near Carr Point in Gilford.
According to Marine Patrol officials, the boat being driven by Thomas Madden of Salem was traveling at a high rate of speed when it hit the object and overturned Sunday night. The accident caused both the driver and passenger to be ejected from the boat.
A passing boater arrived on the scene to assist the victims and also helped tow the boat to shore. There were no injuries.

Now someone please tell me how this one is not relevant to a discussion about the need for a speed limit on Lake Winnipesaukee (or lack thereof).

Last edited by elchase; 11-04-2009 at 10:57 PM. Reason: To fix a spelling mistake before Hazelnut sees it.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: