View Single Post
Old 10-09-2019, 12:02 PM   #53
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post
"Move along or get arrested" that's not a solution to the problem. The homeless have no where to go so that's just pushing the problem to another community. You may help the problem in Laconia but another community will be the recipient of that problem. But I understand, "out of sight out of mind" problem fixed, NOT!
You are making my point. Either you conform or you get arrested. We can provide some limited assistance, but ultimately the homeless or drug addled person involved is responsible for his own life. If, as a community, we vigorously enforce our laws against homelessness, drug use, drug sales, etc., we will be much better off for it. The homeless/drug user will then be faced with (1) conforming with societal expectations, (2) remain in a cycle of being arrested, imprisoned, set free, arrested, etc., (3) or move to a community that tolerates the behavior. I think we can put together a collection to buy one-way tickets to Los Angeles, San Francisco, Portland or Seattle. It appears that these communities tolerate if not embrace this type of behavior. Let them deal with it.
Major is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Major For This Useful Post: