View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 08:55 AM   #77
Wolfeboro_Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchase View Post
His 15000 boat took airborne 7 feet high and flew almost fifty feet in the air when it hit Hartman's. Don't even try to convince this was not a "hi speed accident". That just sounds silly.
Yes, that statement is INCREDIBLY funny!! How do you make this stuff up?? Here's a link to the spec sheet for a 2002 Baja 36 Outlaw; please note the dry weight listed is 8,300 lbs. Add 1,451 lbs for 235 gals of fuel plus a little more for misc. gear and 3 occupants and the weight is still well under 11,000 lbs. I'd post links for other model years but 1998, 2000, 2001 and 2003 all list the same dry weight and fuel capacity, so there's really no point. In case you want to argue about the 1999 model, the link was broken so I couldn't get the numbers.

Quote:
The people who fought for the law are loving it..
That would be the "others like you" that lied and distorted facts to get their way. I refer you to your fantasy boat story above.

Quote:
If the shoe doesn't fit, why are you putting it on?
I'M trying to shake it off, YOU'RE the one stuffing me in it!!

Quote:
I'm a devout Catholic
That explains a LOT!!

Quote:
cannot recall the last time I lied.
Once again, I refer you to your fantasy boat story above and the quote below.

Quote:
Wrong. His boat was a 36 foot Baja Outlaw with twin 454's and twin outdrives, was fuel heavy, had a full passenger compartment, and was going at least 28MPH. The four props alone weighed over 200 pounds. Do your homework before you call someone else a liar.
NO, you're STILL wrong!! See the spec sheet link above for the 36 Outlaw! The dry weight listed INCLUDES ENGINES AND DRIVES! 8,300 lbs for the boat WITH ENGINES AND DRIVES plus 235 gals fuel capacity. Unleaded fuel weighs 6.175 lbs/gal SO, add 1,451 lbs for the fuel, plus a bit more for gear and 3-4 people! That DOES NOT add up to 15,000 lbs!! LOOK CLOSELY AT THE SPEC SHEET! Baja used Bravo I drives, NOT Bravo III's so ONLY 2 PROPS, NOT 4!!! Stop lying, it does not become you! Perhaps you should take your OWN ADVICE and DO YOUR HOMEWORK before you call someone a liar!

Last edited by Wolfeboro_Baja; 10-09-2009 at 11:53 PM. Reason: clarified weight of fuel