View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 02:49 PM   #144
OCDACTIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
Having no speed limit is, I believe, is dead. This proposal was defeated in the last voting. So it makes sense that we make a compromise. That will send a message to the opponents the opponents are concerned about safety. I think we will have a better chance to raise the speed limit.
Don't be so sure that it is dead.... Keep in mind the history here.

1st the supporters wanted test zones. These zones data proved that speeding was not an issue. Their argument was that GFB just avoided these test zones.

2nd the supporters ask for the law to be enacted on the enitire lake for a period of 2 years so that it can be proven that there is a speeding issue. Also they pushed to have it linked to your MVR so that it had "consequence".

again to date no data shows there is a "speeding issue" only 1 ticket so far from what I have heard.

Now there is talk that they want to repeal the 2 year sunset provision because there isn't time to review the data....

How transparent can this be... They took small steps and used data as a ploy. Well I am hoping our Legislature sees through this as we have.

If the MP states it is not and issue and here is the data to prove it, then I can't see how or why the provision would be removed or the need for a compromise.

I had stated that I would entertain a compromise if needed however it may not be needed at all.