View Single Post
Old 08-05-2015, 05:42 AM   #80
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,963 Times in 1,213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by garysanfran View Post
You posted these statements...

"People need to know that the 150 ft rule is headway speed only, it doesn't mean you have to anchor any certain distance away from a dock. If you like, you can anchor within an inch of someone's dock. Not that I would do this, but you could legally do it if you wanted to prove a point! Just always be courteous and polite. "

"Why can't we safely anchor over night on the lake when it's not a problem with every other lake in the state and in almost every other lake in the country?"

So, you have no problem anchoring overnight one inch off someone's property?
Dude, you're either the worst reader in the universe or just love to manipulate what people say.

I think this thread is going way too far, so let me sum up what I've taken from it:

This area is a clearly questionable NRZ--the owner believes it is, but there's no evidence of it on the OP's navigational chart, and instead of dealing with an honest mistake politely, the owner acted irrationally. The OP clearly stated that the boaters were being respectful and that he understands that privacy is important, but that there needs to be a balance between the people who own the land and the public that owns the lake.

I'm not too keen on how much the OP's words and intentions have been twisted around, but I see it a ton on other threads that go in the wrong direction.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thinkxingu For This Useful Post: