View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 08:15 AM   #13
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Default I agree with XCR 700

Weekends are a horror show on Winnipesaukee. When I have a boat load of kids/grandkids I have more fun at the Winnisquam sandbar where we don't get harass by lake front owners and marine patrol. The water is a lot calmer for water sports. Fishing is great! Going to destinations such as Wolfeboro, Alton etc. is not the grandkids idea of a great time. I save that for the weekdays when my adult friends are here for boating.

Winnisquam has the best launch ramp I have ever seen on a fresh water lake. The marinas are super friendly and Winnisquam Marina has a fantastic ship store. There is even a convenience store with a dock! Perfect for the day tripper!

I am surprised of the number of Winnipesaukee folks on Lake Winnisquam on weekends. A number of us, I included, bought a trailer just to haul the boat to Winnisquam when we have a dock on Winnipesaukee.

I know of a few that has a boat on Winnpesaukee and PWCs on Winnisquam. I have been entertaining that thought as I have mooring rights on Winnisquam.