View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 03:48 PM   #10
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
Litter is not just a problem on the ice. Snowmobile trails, ATV trails etc are losing mileage because landowners don't want to deal with the trash that is buried in the snow alongside the trails, and they lose landowner permission. The clubs work with the state on trail maintenance and they are enforcing carry in, carry out, with their members. A good plan.
I don't see that a new fee would be sufficient to hire additional CO's to work year round, and seasonal employees are very difficult to hire as we know from other threads.
As with many issues here, a few people draw a lot of irritated posts. I am always grateful to those who pick up the ice after otters and retrieve hazards to navigation after ice out.
From Parks and Rec, volunteer First Responders, Selectmen and legislators and "Friends of" groups, NH is run by volunteers. That's our heritage and our culture, and that's part of what makes NH a great state. More fees and licenses don't make me happy.
I am not saying a large fee, may 10.00 to provide a registration sticker that must be on the bobhouse just like a sled. This way it will aid us in self policing, just call MP or F & G when you see an infraction and it is easy id for them to do their job and enforce the laws including littering.
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote