Thread: The Dive
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2022, 07:30 PM   #220
chachee52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
Great hindsight. If you read all through, you'll see that Jamie has some professional experience in this field. Do you? I'm amazed at the number of negative posts from people who have no experience or expertise, not just Chachee52. Granted, this is a new vessel and their is little experience.

Why do folks post just to show their own ignorance?
Wow, that's a little uncalled for. I don't think that anything I said was anything negative toward that business. I don't know where you are getting this from. I simply made a statement that those engines were not the right engines for that boat. I asked someone if they agreed. If you have ever seen that boat go through the water, it had a lot of issues! Never claimed to have a lot of experience in building those kind of boats. Kayaks, sunfish restoration, and I helped build a small runabout but a big vessel like that no. All I was saying, engineering wise if they were on the edges than it would have turned better, I DO understand that the engines that were put on there had a short shaft and that the propeller would have been blocked, I didn't really think of that at the beginning, but again, I ask if some one would agree if they were the wrong engine for that vessel. How is that Negative or ignorant? It would seem to me that that size vessel would need bigger propellers to move it more efficiently. But I could be wrong.
I don't want this to get off topic like EVERY OTHER thread because someone disagrees with someone's opinion. So lets keep it on the topic and move on.
chachee52 is offline   Reply With Quote