View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 09:28 AM   #59
Airwaves

Default No good deed ever goes unpunished!

Just trying to help Seeker.

I re-read your initial post and your mistake was in asking the NHMP to issue a USPS certificate! Below are the applicable RSAs you asked me to read, along with the link to a file you probably used to send to the NHMP.

Bottom line. NH is not going to issue a copy of a certificate that NH did not issue in the first place! If you want a little plastic card stating that you successfully completed the USPS boating course in 1971 then you have to go to a USPS Squadron with proof and get them to give you one. I had to do this for my wife who misplaced her US Coast Guard Aux card and we went to the USCGAux flotilla with the large paper certificate as proof and they issued her a replacement card.

Now I AM DONE trying to be helpful regarding this!

Quote:
270-D:13 Issuance of Safe Boater Education Certificate.
III. The commissioner, or designee, shall replace a lost or destroyed certificate upon written request of the person entitled thereto and payment of the prescribed fee, and such copy shall have the same form and effect as the original.

http://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/s...yment_form.pdf

270-D:15 Certificate Not Required. – A person shall not be required to obtain a certificate of boating safety education if the person holds a certificate from any state indicating successful completion of boating safety education that meets or exceeds the requirements of this subdivision, a certificate from the United States Coast Guard Auxiliary, or a certificate from the United States Power Squadron.
Originally posted by Lawn psycho
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwaves
...David T. Barrett, Director of the Division of Safety Services, said the low fatality rates reflect a combination of factors, such as mandatory boater education...
So what are the annual fatalities by year for the last 20 years? You only quoted a part of the statement.

As a recall the boater education class, a bunch of time was spent on the 150 ft rule and the life vest requirements. The rest was mostly fluff.

The season is very short in NH. Compared to many other lakes in other states, Winni does not have the volume of boats that people want to believe. Even if you required a 40 hour boating course I am convinced there are some busy bodies who would ask for more......
All the information is linked here: http://www.sbonh.org
Airwaves is offline   Reply With Quote