View Single Post
Old 07-09-2016, 07:11 AM   #10
songkrai

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanN View Post
I bought a TracFone on the shopping channel in April. It cost $90 (includes a LG smartphone and 1200 minutes of data, 1200 of phone service and 1200 of texting. I got the model supported by Verizon service and have been very happy with the coverage both in eastern MA and here in Meredith. I do not use it as my primary phone (have a land line in MA) but it is a cheap travel phone. Will renew when the year or minutes run out.
Tracfone is either CDMA or GSM. Tracfone goes by your activation zip code. So you could get T-Mobile, AT&T, or Verizon.
If you do get a Tracfone that is CDMA you will get Verizon for coverage. Same Verizon as everyone else.
Tracfone now has BYOP (bring your own phone) and will work on any phone that is CDMA. Any iPhone, Samsung, etc. that is CDMA. Phone has to be unlocked and you do have to purchase a Tracfone Smartphone SIM Kit.
Tracfone does not require any monthly plan. Just pay as you go. Note: if you do a lot of web surfing on phone (data) Tracfone may not be for you.
songkrai is offline   Reply With Quote