View Single Post
Old 12-23-2019, 11:38 AM   #85
Slickcraft

Thanked 2,000 Times in 914 Posts

We have two Nest cameras, one outside looking at the driveway and one inside. For each camera a zone can be created and notifications tailored to both inside and outside the zone. The notification choices of movement, person detected or noise can be individually selected for each zone. Notifications are sent whenever a camera is on and a selected type event occurs and a video clip is generated.

Camera on/off can be set manually, by a daily schedule and/or my "home away assist". The latter is based on my phone leaving wifi range and returning to within wifi range. Returning home does not preclude having the camera on by schedule or manually.

With my current setting the outside camera in on automatically from early evening to early morning just prior to any normal departure. It is also automatically on when I am not at home. The inside camera is on a schedule to be on from just after bed time to early morning. We do get notifications that we cause (person in driveway) that we ignore.

If we are away on travel or at camp the schedules are shut off and the cameras are on 24/7.
Slickcraft is offline   Reply With Quote