Thread: Wow trail
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2019, 02:52 PM   #242
Trail Goer

I didn't get a chance to watch the video on the city council's meeting till this past weekend. Just a few remarks, I would like to make on the video.

1. I like how Mr. Clark, president of the Plymouth and Lincoln Railroad, was extremely informative but I find it troubling that, the Stone Consulting study, never made it to the city counsel when it was first released and I find it troubling that he had to point out all the deficiency in the report done by Alta, those deficiencies should've been addressed before the report was released.

2. Mr. Dearness owner of New England Southern railroad noted that none of his information that he provided was even in the report. The guy takes time to partake in the study and they just omit all his information in the final report, what's up with that?

3. I like the points made by the Conway Scenic's owner Mr. Swirk, about taking the opportunity to capitalize on a resource, sitting right in front of them, rather than destroy it. That gentlemen has over 30 years experience in the freight railroad industry and Chicopee, MA was a perfect example he used of a city that saw an opportunity and took advantage of it, creating many jobs for that area. I'd like to see Laconia do the same but that discussion needs to have its own topic.

4. I found the Mayor's response on the current law (railroads take 1st priority on state owned ROW's) to be arrogant and condescending towards the gentlemen who was trying to remind him of that law.

5. Lastly, I was surprised not one person was on hand to show support for the WOW Trail and if they were, I don't recall them speaking. With the city creating so much tribulation over trail vs rail, I would have expected some support to back up the cities effort, of its "Hostile Takeover" quest.
Trail Goer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trail Goer For This Useful Post: