View Single Post
Old 10-24-2019, 10:24 PM   #3
radiocontester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catisleguy View Post
Called today twice, once to see if they were pumping (yes they were) and asked at that time was it Ethanol Free? I was told YES, no Ethanol here!

Then when I got to the gas dock sign said call for service and again asked "Is it Ethanol Free?, could not see any sign from my boat disclosing it" Again told YES, Ethanol Free!!! Saw no sign on pump saying it contained Ethanol (which I wanted to avoid if possible and if not just drive to Mobil and save $1.50+/ gallon)

After nice young girl comes out and fills it up, (again asking her if it was Ethanol free, which I planned on telling the Winnipesaukee world about if it were, and was told again YES, no Ethanol!")

Very excited to find E-free gas on the lake, I went in to pay and when returning to my boat, on the opposite side of the pump, You guessed it, sign on pump facing away from gas dock, says 10% ETHANOL!!!!!!!!

I went in to complain and they looked like I had 2 heads, wondering what the big deal was.... Obviously if you don't know, you should probably found out the correct answer instead of picking one out of your b***!

Beyond that, anyone who boats should be aware of what Ethanol con and does do to your fuel system. In case you don't, it's BAD for your boat's fuel system, and you must use StarTron or similar to prevent damage and do not leave the fuel in the boat very long either way...
Startron is good but I now use K100.....research it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk