View Single Post
Old 10-04-2019, 09:14 AM   #80
Taz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave R View Post
It's a Tollycraft 44 CPMY with twin CAT 3208TAs. We fully intend to take it to the Caribbean for the reasons you have stated. Our boat has already been there before for a 7 month stay with a previous owner who only sold it due to getting Parkinson's disease. We also intend to spend a Summer aboard it on Champlain in 2-3 years, and a summer aboard it in the 1000 Islands in 3-5 years. We've been planning this lifestyle for years and are psyched to have actually started. Winni started it all for us and it's just snowballed from there.

These folks have the same exact boat that we have and cruise many of the same places we've been or intend to go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq-f3Ns_Mrg&t=684s they have also been super helpful with advice and we keep in touch often.
That's a great choice to do the kind of boating you are planning. You have some great plans. I wish you all best in your future boating. My wife loves the Nordic tug style. I like trawler style but will probably never be able to afford one of those. I know there are a lot of used but the kind of boat I would like used is still $200 - $300k. Down east lobster style like a Back Cove are also very nice.
Taz is offline   Reply With Quote