Thread: Baby on board?
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2017, 02:25 PM   #27
CrownRay

We took our daughter out last year. She was only 6 months old then. We pretty much held her in our lap the whole time. This was mainly on the ocean, it was a bit rougher, but she was fine, slept most of the time. The engine noise lulled her right to sleep. The only complaint was that she did not like the life jacket...oh well!

She now 20 months old. We just had her out for the first ride this weekend. She did great. She was actually learning to stand up and hold herself up with the movement of the boat (she's not even 2 and already has SEA LEGS!). She wanted to sit with me while I drove and she held the wheel, pushed the horn button a few times... She loved looking over the side watching the water whiz by! Only complaint this time? She was ALL OVER THE PLACE...she wanted to sit with Mommy, sit with me, sit by herself, go down and play in the cuddy, sit on the floor. In general, it was a great day on the water. She did not mind the lifejacket at all.

My advice...get your child a doll/stuffy that they will like, and that their lifejacket will fit (we have a giant Mikey Mouse) and put the jacket on the item for a while before you take them on the boat. It seems that my daughter got all excited when we took off the jacket from Mikey and put it on her :-)