View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 08:32 AM   #82
AC2717

While this might be a good idea, and I stress might, and i would like stats and factual data to support this, much like everythign else, I do not think it is a good think to further cut a source of income from local business at this time

Not that I am protecting the renters, but people that have a full boating course under their wings, as well as multiple years of boating expereince are often doing the same things

Saw plenty of it last weekend behing govenors with boats speeding up to pass boats in front of them and as much as waiting to come off plan inbetween the sand bar adn the bridge just to beat others under the bridge.

Besides who is to stop someone from renting a boat somewhere else is bringing it up to the lake

In this case i take it upon my self to be cautious around rental boats, infact having the boat with the advertising on it makes it easier to point them out and stay away, it is that simple, actually makes it easier then the person with their own boats that does the same stuff

Also probably the reason that it is a discussion hear, because the boat is visabily identifiable makes it an easy target, take the ads of the boat, bet you would have a hard time figuring who is who