View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 09:21 AM   #37
Overlake97

Default Ixtapa, YES; Las Pinatas, NO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterbaby View Post
What I relly would like to see, however, is a "real" Mexican restaurant by "real" Mexicans, like the one that actually was in Portsmouth a number of years ago -- owned by the Gamboas. Then there was one in Stratham in a plaza for awhile, they were also from Mexico, that place seemed to be doing well when all of a sudden the doors closed -- and this goes back about 5-6 years......
Ixtapa in the Fox Run Mall in Portsmouth, suggested by another poster, IS run by real mexicans. Their chile verde is excellent; the best I've had in years.

On the other hand, I had two bad experiences, two months apart, at Las Pinatas in Laconia, about 8 years ago, and have not been back since. Both times the food was WAY over salted; the second time so much so that I couldn't even eat the entree (and I was HUNGRY). However, some people appear to really like this place so I've been planning to try them one more time. I guess it is possible that I hit the two worst items on the menu, or the two worst days of the year, or something like that. I'll let you know if and when I give them a third try.
Overlake97 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Overlake97 For This Useful Post: