Thread: Proposed Law
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2008, 07:35 AM   #147
codeman671

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Islander View Post
I was asked what would motivate a "public safety official" to oppose a speed limit. I gave a generic answer to the question.

It is you that is attributing my answer to a specific person. I am not sure which official you are referring to but assume it to be someone high up in the Marine Patrol or Dept. of Safety.
I think we both are pretty clear on who you are talking about in particular...This has come up before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islander
08-17-2007, 09:34 AM #4
Islander

Barrett loses another round in his attempt to scuttle speed limits with an 8 year "Pilot Program".

I hope this doesn't effect any of those big money jobs in the boating industry he has been preparing for.
Quote:
When you go up against the boating industry, and administrators that are looking for future boating industry jobs, you need professional help.
Quote:
3. The MP leadership want the data to be low so the legislature will think a speed limit is unnecessary. Then these same leaders will have earned cushy jobs in the boating industry.
Quote:
I did not mean to say that all three options where true, just one of them. I think clearly the truth is number three.
And the above beauty pertained to Skipper's question/joke about corruption in the department linked below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipper of the sea que
3. Corruption as a possibility. Hmmm what do you know and are you in the witness (or forum ) protection program?
Quote:
Barrett is not just a public figure, he is a political figure, makes a libel almost impossible. And I have a reasonable belief my statements are true, hence no libel. Plus he would have to prove my statement are false, he could only do that by never taking a job in the boating industry. As long as he is alive it is possible he may take a job in the boating industry, if he is dead libel no longer applies. There are more but what is the point.

I think 5 shots from your same IP address speaks loudly enough.