View Single Post
Old 01-04-2020, 11:34 AM   #74
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,153 Times in 900 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
It sounds like most people realize and understand the need for financial support for lake access in NH. Whether that is a result of revenue vs. needs or proper diversion of funds and how to fix the problem or raise the needed funds seems to be the sticking points.

I have no answers for those, but can we just take a moment to celebrate this joyful moment of positive discussion? GOOOO TEAMMMM!!!

Seriously, though, the Hike Safe card has really earned a following--each year, I see reminders posted on hiking forums I belong to and the overwhelming response is that it's worth supporting.

Is maybe a "Boat Safe" card an option, where a portion of the money goes to marine safety organizations and the rest into making sure water access facilities are safe? Maybe the state could work out a deal with restaurants, businesses, tow companies, etc. for discounts to those who purchase one?

I'd gladly hand over $20 for a Boat Safe card if I could save even 5% on a trip to ParaFUNalia or $5 off a fill-up at Ambrose Cove or...ooh! ooh! a free topping on my Candy Bar Explosion sundae at the new 19-Mile Bay store!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
How much do you think the state would have to increase the business profits tax to offset the reduced revenue from commercial establishments that offer the discount?

Remember, any amount taken off the gross revenue of a business is profit not realized.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TiltonBB For This Useful Post: