View Single Post
Old 01-02-2020, 03:45 PM   #62
Descant

Thanked 1,520 Times in 985 Posts
Default Invasive species example

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXUM View Post
Just remember that this is as previously pointed out the important part for now is putting a framework into place. At some later time with another amendment "voluntary" becomes "mandatory".

I see this as a multi year and slow walked effort but let's not be naïve here, the end game is clear and not voluntary. I'm sure some would love to charge you a fee just because you exist and other to what extent you exist. :rolleye2
You may be right in the long run. I recall around 2001 when $3 was added to the boat registration fee to help control Milfoil and other invasive species. I think it is up to $9.50 now. However as lake association members know, the public has been asking for more help with milfoil control. Those who use F & G ramps are asking for more improvements, better parking, etc. There is some sentiment that yakkers should participate in managing our waters instead of just saying they cause no harm (except the cost of SAR as discussed above.) I'd rather pay a directed fee where I see direct benefit, than a general tax where we trust the legislature to pick and choose my priorities.
Descant is online now   Reply With Quote