View Single Post
Old 12-31-2019, 05:10 PM   #45
bigdog

I'm not a pessimist or being negative here, but if anyone thinks or believes this Kayak/Canoe registration fee will actually be used for F & G budget, I think you're dreaming...

This registration may be initially earmarked for F & G purpose, but when the State needs additional funding for a new project, or to offset another State fund bucket, they move the money around at their will, that's just a fact.
If there was a guaranty that the registration money would stay in F&G budget
that would be great, they need the money and that Dept. is always way under-funded.

The new registration may be optional at first, but that's just to allow legislators to get their footing established, to make it permanent ! Tell me that doesn't happen ?

Not to digress here, but I remember the story about funding the Mass. Turnpike. The Mass Legislature sold the taxpayers the story that the loan to fund the project would be a 30 yr Bond loan, after that there would be no more tolls.The turnpike opened in 1957, and you know the rest of the story....

Apologies for going off-topic, and sorry to open any wounds, but this is just an example when State govt. goes off the rails !
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote