Thread: What An Idiot!
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 07:06 AM   #66
Woodsy

I guess you guys just don't get it.....

The OP (GBG) was wrong in that he didn't see the other boat.... nobody on his boat warned him either. FAILURE TO KEEP A PROPER LOOKOUT. Her husband should have seen the Stingray closing on his boat.... plain and simple. The Stingray passing within 9' of GBG while perfectly acceptable on the ocean is not acceptable on the inland waterways of NH (150' rule). However, GBG did not slow down or change course.... Had he turned into the path of the Stingray, it would be the same as Laser... Laser by his own story unfortunately did.

APS...

I agree that the Formula could have passed to port... and if he did we wouldn't have this lively debate. But the Formula didn't and why he didn't I don't know. But either way it does not absolve Laser for FAILING TO KEEP A PROPER LOOKOUT.

Yes, the Formula was the GIVE WAY boat, and as such he acted accordingly. The collision was avoided and nobody got hurt. He slowed and passed safely behind and to port of Laser who had turned starboard into his path.

I maintain that HAD LASER SEEN THE FORMULA (You know KEPT A PROPER LOOKOUT) He being a reasonable guy would not have deliberately slowed and turned into the path of the Formula... He didn't "Check his 6" or if he did he did so quickly and carelessly.

Bottom line is HE DIDNT SEE THE FORMULA BEFORE HE SLOWED AND CHANGED HIS COURSE.

I don't know if the Formula driver is member of the forum. Maybe he is and is just keeping his mouth shut so to speak. I think that here is some real hatred towards people who own faster or bigger boats on this forum. Its easy to blame the bigger guy, or the faster guy when in fact sometimes its the little guys fault.

Woodsy