View Single Post
Old 02-23-2021, 10:04 AM   #149
JEEPONLY
Deceased Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Owen View Post
i sold camp belknap a boat 30 years ago. gene was a perfect gentleman and followed our agreement with perfection. i see nothing of a "kook"

i have had business dealings with don too and these were flawless. recently i have had a better opportunity to learn more about don. he supported me in the one of the most corrupt and difficult of battles of my lifetime. i consider myself lucky to call him my friend
I maintain my respect for all that Gene did, over many, many years, to develop, administer and deliver the "camp experience".
Unfortunately, later in his tenure, he took on peculiar habits- like ill-applied Man-tan and hair coloring. Think small-town N.H.
My point- in this time, were incorrect (unlawful) decisions made concerning the physical/financial existence of the property?
As mentioned earlier, I don't really get all that is going on. Just saying.

I never said Don was stupid- just that he is arrogant. When someone like this gets in stride I always suspect an over-stepping of the bounds to occur.
Again- not knowing what this is really all about, could this be part of the local resistance to information and intent?

I don't know. Just 2c.