View Single Post
Old 06-29-2021, 10:56 AM   #195
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
interesting article in the Journal today. Northern New England ( Ver/ NH and Maine) has 3.6 job openings for every 1 job seeker.
A local (to me) sub-pizza-sandwich shop has had a sign up for weeks offering $14 Hr starting pay for counter help, and from what I can see few takers.

Very few people I see seem interested in working in any retail or labor positions.

Lots of people wanting to rise up the ladder to manager status in little time and hold positions with titles like influencer, director, chief, ETC Etc etc,,,

Dont know anyones kids looking to become a plumber, electrician, welder, plumber, machinist, mechanic, barber/hairdresser, cook (not chef), accountant, nurse or even doctor. Its seems that business management is (and management being the key term) is what most are seeking.

After 40 years in the workforce, if I had the opportunity to go back in time and do it all over again, I would do ANYTHING but business management!

Looks like we will soon have a society of bosses and no workers, and when you need a trades person you will pay them double per hour than what you make and at the end of the day and on weekends they will be the ones with their feet up and enjoying life while the business folks will be answering emails 24 hrs a day and reviewing reports and presentations on weekends and holidays.

Not better,,,