View Single Post
Old 06-16-2021, 09:58 PM   #22
lakebro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
If I read everything correctly, the OP says his family has been in this place since 1969 and he acquired it in 2018. There was also a statement that the neighbor's roll in dock was an existing structure. To me, a temporary seasonal dock is not a structure, although it can be registered with DES. Even so, when registering, it should meet lot line (extension) setbacks. So, it appears that something new, that we don't know about, has triggered this issue.
I'm familiar with some other cases where both sides had non-definitive pictures to prove their case. Find a way to get a date. A child in a picture who is now an adult and would affirm that he was that child could get a 40 year old date established. A boat at the dock with a license plate would have a date (remember boat license plates?).

BTW, how much boating do any of us do in November? False issue?
The DES environmental fact sheet routinely refers to a seasonal dock as a structure. What triggered this is I bought the property and got tired of staring at his boats in front of my property not to mention he routinely has friends over and as many as 3 boats per side docked at his 68’ dock. I don’t mind the friends just the boat traffic in and out while trying to enjoy the sunset with my family on our beach. They take their boat out around November 15th every year. Diehards I guess.
lakebro is offline   Reply With Quote