View Single Post
Old 03-17-2021, 04:33 PM   #46
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApS View Post
Snap-On tool warrenty varies with the vendor.

I took a screwdriver back for "repair or replacement". The vendor said, "We'll replace the handle, but not the blade". Now I have a shiny new handle on a useless screwdriver.

Snap-On sells Blue Point, which are not guaranteed.

A friend in auto repair tells me both Craftsman and Snap-On tools are China-made today.

Sometimes, HF screwdrivers are free, and sometimes, $2. Either way, you get four strong reversable blades and two sizes of sockets--all self-contained in one handy tool. (The larger socket tightens hose clamps).
All Snap-On branded hand tools, storage chests and pneumatic tools, are all made in the USA. Some auxiliary items and compressors are are made overseas or rebranded. The lifetime warrantee remains lifetime on all items made in the USA. That said the warrantee extends to the original purchaser only.

If a replacement is needed and a guy in a truck (independent franchise owner) has the discretion not to warrantee an item directly and most won't if you don't have an active account with them. However Snap-On cooperate will just have to call them directly. Very easy to do but if you think you can buy something used off eBay or a yard sale then warranty it forget about it. You have to prove you are the original purchaser.

Blue Point is a "budget" tool line - the key distinction is they are distributed by but not manufactured by Snap-On. That creates a lot of confusion where many think they are equals and the reality is they are far from it.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote