View Single Post
Old 03-13-2021, 09:18 PM   #12
ApS

Thumbs up Half the Travel Time for Tools—Than Formerly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthesaukee View Post
You get what you pay for. That being said, 8gv hit it right on the head. For the homeowner that occasionally needs some power tools, hand tools, e.t.c, they are fine.

I got a hand stapler that can also drive small brads from HF. Occasionally it will jam, but clears easily, and I haven't crushed a finger with a hammer when brads need to used. Best tool was its a Chicago reciprocating saw. It was $25 on sale. I have cut metal, wood, and fiberglass. Even cut some 1-2 inch thick branches into fire wood. Easier than cranking up the chain saw. Most of their warranties are 90 days. They do have a 30 day return on most items. My advise is to buy it, try it, and if you don't like it, return it. One of my favorite big kids toy stores.
Dave
Harbor Freight tools have recently taken a big jump in prices. "Brand names" have been shuffled and moved upscale in colors and description.

That Chicago reciprocating saw was only $19.99 last year, purchased from their on-line catalog. I bought two, so I wouldn't have to change blades when switching between metal and wood projects. When I did eventually have to change a blade, I discovered the Chicago saw had an ingenious and speedy method of changing blades.

Their best buy has been their little $8 corded grinding tool. Between Florida and Wolfeboro, I may have five or six of them around.

Their trailers, which include folding models, are the cheapest around.
ApS is offline   Reply With Quote