View Single Post
Old 02-11-2021, 09:11 AM   #27
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,626 Times in 562 Posts

So far on this thread shorefront owners are being described as selfish millionaires who think they own the lake and arrogant jerks that confront innocent boaters that stray too close to shore. I believe that is far from the truth
My lot was purchased for $1,500 back in the 40's
Over the years a cottage was built and expanded not as a vacation home but as a primary residence before it passed to us from my mom. She was an RN and far from being a millionaire. There are many others on my road that are also year round residents.
We have never confronted or been rude to anyone rafting near our beach in spite of some pretty inconsiderate behavior.
We have blueberry bushes near our beach and people often wade right up to pick them. Never really had issues with trash or loud music except in the winter with bobhouse shims and debris from fires washing up on our beach in the spring.
Every now and then a rafter with young children will allow them to play in the shallow water just a few feet from our shore but we don't mind if we're not using the beach at the time.
We've had bass boaters casting almost at our feet when we're on the dock which I find a little disrespectful of our privacy as well as an occasional boater peeing off the back of the boat as if no one on the shore could see them.
It's akin to living in a residential neighborhood and someone camping out on your lawn or urinating in plain sight of other homes.
Just saying that shore owners would just like a little consideration and respect for privacy.....we don't think we own the lake
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to SAMIAM For This Useful Post: