View Single Post
Old 07-18-2022, 08:45 AM   #71
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mercier View Post
Not really. By the 60s, we had already had a rush of non-natives buying into NH at a very flush rate.

The Greatest Generation would have noticed the Boomers becoming ''woke'', and the change in social, economic, and political factors that they brought about... but overall non-natives are not more likely to have ill character than natives.

The Greatest Generations was more ''conform to the norm'' than the Boomers ''Live Free or Die''.

And I think it is a bit too soon to determine whether the Millennials will continue the course of the Boomers or return to the more conservative past of the Greatest.
As you say, Not Really, the Millennials are pretty much fixed in their ways, I meet all our new employees during orientation for the last many years and check in on many of them over time, and have seen the drastic and disappointing change in the workplace over the last 15 years. This is a very frightening group from my seat. If their attitudes and ways persisted I would truly fear for the future.

The saving grace is the next group behind them. The kids not yet in the workforce are a different group again and at the moment I like what I see. They question and challenge things in a productive way. Unfortunately they are being fed so much misinformation from all directions, I have no idea how they will sort our the truth from the rubbish. But so far they are only sampling but not drinking the kool-aid and they are looking for their own answers and thats GREAT.

The future generations should not be "conform to the norm" nor should they be completely unbending "live free or die" they need to write a new standard that protects the basic standards our predecessors fought so hard for, but embraces future realities.

The future should be eyes open, not rah rah go solar - EV - 100% organic - etc, but rather, what are the actual cradle to grave issues of concern and legitimate pros and cons of any change. Strip off the hype of marketing and those who just seek to simply move money from one pocket to another, and push the ball forward in a well thought-out and actually informed way. Thats the future we need!

We have all been feed hype our whole lives and accepted the marketing as truth, when in fact its more absolute nonsense than fact. And the next batch beyond the Millennials will hopefully ignore the BS and demand facts and make truly informed decisions, and when they are wrong and make normal human mistakes, they will adapt and over come rather than waste time endlessly point fingers of blame in all directions.

Well one can only hope ;-)
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XCR-700 For This Useful Post: