View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 08:47 PM   #27
winniboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
into the Weirs Channel near the bridge against the current and a marine patrol officer actually flag a number of us to slow down, there is a wake and use the horn that it is a no wake zone. Of course he was travelling in the opposite direction. Fellow boaters looked at each other puzzled as to what he is trying to do! We will not make headway speed against the current if we go any slower!

I do know from past experience that unexperienced marine patrol officers don't always get rulings right. As I mentioned in a prior post, I was anchored with my anchor light on, a young marine patrol officer insist that my running lights (green/red) has to be on as well. When I explained to the sargent the next day, he took my ticket and told me not to worry about it.
The fact that many MP's don't know the names of all the islands on the lake or even the main ones, scares me. A few years back, a boat capsized between dolly and cattle landing off the SSW tip of bear. As i was on my way to that area i saw MP flying past me in between Bear and Jolly. they thought that the disbatch mis-pronounced it and called it "dolly" by mistake. the fact is this left 4 people drowning in a very busy channel. luckily they all made it out safely but the point remains.