Thread: Johnsons
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2009, 10:56 PM   #8
Waterbaby

[QUOTE=Belmont Resident;86792]...I got the Lobster roll while my wife got the beef tips. She was happy, I was not. I'd heard about how much lobster was in the roll and how you can make 2 sandwiches out of it. Well the roll was just barely filled and it came with minimal fries. And considering the cost I was very disappointed. We both agreed it was not worth stopping.
I was asked about things when I went to pay and told the lady of my disappointment. She did take ½ off the cost of my meal which was appreciated but honestly the quantity I received and considering I was still hungry when I got home was of little consolation....[QUOTE]

I've tried eating at Johnson's several times, always during the summer, and the wait is almost as long as it takes me to get the rest of the way home and make a quick dinner so we've always passed. I do have a couple of questions for you however -- what was the cost? What size was the roll the lobster was served in? And, if your wife was happy with the tips, did she agree it wasn't worth stopping because of your experience, or a combined experience?

Not trying to "start" something here, or criticize, I honestly want to know for future reference. I've heard good things about Johnson's (both Northwood and New Durham), as you said you had also or you wouldn't have stopped. Thanks in advance!