View Single Post
Old 09-23-2019, 07:53 AM   #11
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Default Attended both

With all the activities this weekend (Multicultural Fest, Highland Games, Broken Spoke, Laconia Blues Fest, Chaos and Kindness) there was a pretty good turnout at both the blues fest and Lakeport.

Excellent lineup at the Weirs! MVB, Chris Fitz, Downtown Dave, Willie J Laws et al. Excellent food etc. All for $10! There were a good share of boats anchored off the swim line. Lots of boats in and out of the channel asking 'what's going on?' DUH! Can't believe the number of people that didn't know about Weirs and Lakeport!

I left Weirs and head for Lakeport, by boat of course, around 6p. Just in time for Recycled Percussion concert! It was a must see! I would say they were about 15,000 in attendance. The locals did a great job with crowd control.
I was told the bands that played were OK. I'm glad I attended the blues!
I had a good seat at O's patio. Great spot away from the crowd, excellent view of both the stage and my gosh! The Fireworks was spectacular!

I knew the traffic after the Lakeport fireworks will be a **** storm. So I took the boat back out on Paugus enjoy the Weirs fireworks from a distance, and back to the marina. By that time traffic was flowing freely and head home.

Life is good!